Sunday, January 18, 2015

Local Lakes

One of the main reasons I started this blog is to promote Lassen County. In 2015, I am planning on visiting every lake with water (an important distinction in a drought), kayak and photograph them all.  I took a map and drew a circle 50 miles out…. That is a lot of area. Here is my list of lakes and reservoirs:  If anybody has knowledge of them and they are dry, please let me know so I don’t make the trip.  This is 55 lakes and reservoirs!  I figure I need visit 6 per month!  Counties are close I didn’t specifically look at counties.



Plumas County
Lake Almanor
Mt. Meadow Res (Walker Lake)
Round Valley Res
Butt Valley Res
Snake Lake
Wilson Lake
Smith Lake
Lake Davis
Frenchman Res
Taylor Lake
Antelope Lake
*Juniper Lake
Snag Lake
Butte Lake
Window Lake
*Horseshoe Lake
Triangle Lake
*Silver Lake
Caribou Lake
Twin Lakes
Cluster Lake
Manzanita Lake
Lake Helen
Crumbaugh Lake
Jakey Lake

Shasta County
Baker Lake
Swains Hole

Lassen County
Echo Lake
Homer Lake
Dearhart Lake
Eagle Lake
Moon Lake
*Hog Flat Res
*McCoy Res
*Feather Lake
Ebey Lake
*Crater Lake
Straylor Lake
Jack Lake
Bullard Lake
Gordon Lakes
Summit Lake
Swanbereger Res
Heath Dam
Moll Res Lane Res
Hollbrook Res
Dodge Res
Carlo Res

I had to add a couple of lakes I missed:
Smoke Creek Res 
Ward Lake




3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I found you but I did. Your blog seems to be going well so far. Can I give you one bit of advise. Your blog is for you. Your family and friends as well. You want to be able to remember things, look up things, and share.

    Please follow my blog: streamingtogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of lakes missing. You've got a good start though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a lot of lakes missing. You've got a good start though.

    ReplyDelete